PORT ALERT: Update on port operations in Greece
Inchcape Shipping Services (ISS) is advising the following details on the current capital controls and potential effects on operations in Greece.
- The capital controls enforced by the Greek Government on 28th June are continuing:
– All Greek Banks are currently closed until Tuesday 7th July.
– ATM withdrawals from Greek credit and debit cards have a limit of 60 euros per day per card.
– The Ministry for Economy, Infrastructure, Shipping and Tourismin Greece has advised that there are no current restrictions on foreign bank cards – all foreign bank card holder tourists/passengers should have normal access to funds.
– Remittances from Greek banks to any non-Greek bank are not possible and subject to approval from the Ministry of Finance.
– Credit / Debit cards are currently operating without limits, as long as the receiving bank account is within Greece.
– Internet banking – bank transfers are currently working normally as long as the receiving bank account is within Greece.
– With the above Cash to Master withdrawals are affected and will not take place in any Greek port until at least 7th July.
- All ISS operations are continuing in Greece despite the latest local developments and ISS Piraeus personnel are keeping suppliers and principals informed.
- The current capital controls do not represent a risk to any port operation for ships or their passengers calling under ISS agency oversight in Greece at this time.
- All principals funds sent to ISS in Greece are guaranteed as ISS banking facilities are not based locally in any Greek banks.
ISS will continue to monitor developments in Greece and keep its clients updated.
About Inchcape Shipping Services
Inchcape Shipping Services is the world’s leading maritime services provider. With some 300 proprietary offices in 67 countries, and a workforce of over 4,000 the company’s diverse global customer base now includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container and bulk commodity sectors as well as naval, government and inter-governmental organisations.
ISS provides landside commercial and humanitarian logistics, transit, offshore support, informational and other associated maritime services. The company also provides a growing range of outsourcing services including global crew and marine spares logistics; port hub agency management; and sophisticated Enterprise Resource Planning solutions through its subsidiary ShipNet.
Inchcape Shipping Services – A World of Local Expertise