~Pune will be the 8th city for Uber Eats in India since its launch in May 2017~
Pune, January 05, 2018: Connecting people to the food they love, Uber Eats, the on-demand food delivery app, is now available in Pune. With over 300 restaurant partners on board, the service will be live across key neighbourhoods in the city; such as Vimannagar, Kalyaninagar, Koregaon Park and Sangamwadi. Puneites can now order their favourite food from popular restaurants such as Malaka Spice, Marrakesh, Chaitanya Parathas and Blue Nile to name a few.
Commenting on the launch, Bhavik Rathod, Head of Uber Eats India said, “After successful launches across 7 cities, we are excited to launch Uber Eats in Pune. Committed to bringing great food through our association with reputed restaurant partners, best in class technology and robust delivery network, within a short span of time, Uber Eats has received a great response from consumers. We’re excited about launching in Pune given the city is home to colleges and corporates alike. Our aim is to help Puneites discover great food for their everyday practical eating needs through our restaurant partners and the Uber delivery network.”
Pune loves its food. The city is bustling with small eateries, cafes and fine dine restaurants. We studied the food culture of the city and found a few things that make are truly unique to Pune.
- The city has an interesting mix of modern and traditional cuisine, with fast food such as pizzas, burgers, pav bhaji and missal pav being consumed at the same rate
- Known for the love of sweets, Pune can’t seem to get over the taste of Bharakwadi, Modaks, Irani custards and Shrewsbury biscuits.
- There is a strong Parsi influence in the Pune cuisine with Bun Maska and Chai being the most popular breakfast of the city.
“We at Marrakesh are looking forward to a successful partnership with Uber Eats. Through this partnership, we are confident that we will get a higher scale, efficiency and be able to connect with a wider and more diverse set of consumers who are also already hooked onto Uber,” said Imran Inamdar – Managing Partner, Marrakesh
Uber Eats was started in 2014 as a small delivery pilot in Los Angeles and launched as a separate application in Toronto in December 2015. Since then, it has grown incredibly fast, and is now a stand-alone app available in 29 countries and in 130 cities around the globe. In India, Uber Eats was first launched in Mumbai in May 2017. Within 7 months, the service launched in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Chennai, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and now in Pune.
The Uber Eats app is separate to the Uber app that people use to request a ride. The app has been built specifically to make food delivery as seamless as possible, at the tap of a button.
Getting started with Uber Eats is easy:
- Download the Uber Eats app
- Pick delivery location – Input your address where you would like your meal delivered
- Find the perfect meal – Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed, to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
- Place your order – Pick the items you want right away or schedule your order to arrive at your convenience
- Pay through PayTM – Our launch partner, PayTM, will make it easy for you to pay for your orders
- Track the progress of your delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and track real-time as the order gets delivered to your destination
As an introductory offer, all orders on the Uber Eats app will be delivered at a service fee of Re.1 only.