Chroma to be available for selected 2015 through 2016 Razer peripherals offering more than 16 million color options, synchronizable across multiple connected devices; SDK available for developers to customize advanced lighting effects for games
COLOGNE, Germany – Razer™, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the all-new Chroma feature that allows full-spectrum, color-customizable lighting for enabled Razer devices. The Chroma feature also allows multiple devices to sync lighting colors and patterns and comes with an open SDK that enables game developers to integrate advanced lighting effects that are customizable on a game-by-game basis.
Razer will be updating its 2015/2016 range of peripherals starting with the BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard the DeathAdder gaming mouse, and the Kraken 7.1 headset with the all-new Chroma feature – fully customizable, full spectrum lighting with inter-device color synchronization via Razer Synapse. Each of these devices will now come with the option of 16.8 million customizable colors and a range of effects through Razer’s cloud-based hardware configurator Razer Synapse.
“Our new range of peripherals that feature Chroma customizable backlighting is another step towards full personal customization and to interconnect our gaming tech,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “Chroma represents more than just multicolor, it opens up limitless personalization options for gamers to play with and we even have a Chroma Software Developer Kit for game developers to integrate their games to provide even more customization in the future.”
All Chroma enabled devices come with distinct lighting effects that are designed to synchronize perfectly with each other, with the following lighting patterns available for selected enabled products:
- Spectrum cycling: Slowly cycles through the entire spectrum of colors for a subtle yet visually stunning look.
- Breathing: Gently pulses in a color of choice every 7 seconds, replicating the steady breathing pattern that is distinct to all Razer mice.
- Static: Pick any color from the selection of 16.8 million options to illuminate the ear cups on your Kraken 7.1, the scroll wheel and Razer logo on your DeathAdder or each individual key on your BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma
- Custom (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Effortlessly set the color for each individual key on your Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma through Razer Synapse with your mouse cursor, and create your own kaleidoscope of colors that is unique to you.
- Custom – Preloaded Templates (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Preloaded custom lighting templates optimized for FPS, MOBA, MMO and RTS games that give you the unfair advantage regardless of which game you’re playing.
- Reactive (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Lights up upon actuation and stays lit in short, medium, or fast mode for a trailing effect, that makes the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma brighter the faster a user types.
- Wave (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Animates all colors in a continuous wave of rainbow lights, for a truly energetic and vibrant display of constantly changing colors.
The Chroma SDK will allow game developers to take advantage of the multitude of lighting options available for Chroma-enabled devices. For example, custom lighting alerts can be created that flash red when a player is killed or when a base is under attack.
The Chroma-enabled Razer peripherals will be available starting September 2014 via www.razerzone.com
The Chroma SDK will be available in late 2014.
For more information on Razer Chroma: Full Spectrum Gaming, please visit www.razerzone.com/chroma
Razer™ is a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers.
Razer is transforming the way people play games, engage with other gamers and identify with the gamer lifestyle. Having won the coveted “Best of CES” award consecutively for four years, the company’s leadership in product innovation continues to create new categories for the gaming community that is estimated to have over 1 billion gamers worldwide.
Razer’s award-winning design and technology include an array of user interface and systems devices, voice-over IP for gamers and a cloud platform for customizing and enhancing gaming devices.
Founded in 2005, Razer is backed by IDG-Accel and Heliconia Capital Management (Heliconia), a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore investment company Temasek. For more information, visit http://www.razerzone.com/about-razer