Phiaton’s smart, wireless BT 460 headphones and Hybrid Dual Driver MS 300 BA earphones awarded for their innovation in product design
IRVINE, Calif. (March 31, 2016) – Phiaton Corporation is honored to announce that two of its audio products have been awarded with the highly distinguished 2016 Red Dot Award in the product design category, the BT 460 headphones and MS 300 BA earphones.
With 60 years of tradition, the Red Dot Award is a globally respected competition in which international experts assess products for high quality and innovative power. Participants from 57 nations had registered about 5,200 products and innovations for the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016. Only products which set themselves apart considerably through their excellent design receive the sought-after quality seal from the international Red Dot jury.
The BT 460 headphones were selected for their brand new state-of-the-art technology including touch-interface controls, audio sharing and smart play/pause features. A full list of features includes:
- Touch Interface: Allows you to control your music, calls and volume with a swipe of your finger on the outer ear cup.
- Smart Play Pause Function: Automatically detects whether a headphone is being worn or not and will play and pause automatically.
- Phiaton ShareMe™ Connection: Allows two people to listen to the same music or watch the same movie at the same time.
- Vibration Notification: Signals when a call is being received or you have stepped outside the communication range.
- Bluetooth 4.0: Experience improved sound quality and extended battery life
- Everplay-X: : Allows you to continue calling or listening to your music, even if the battery runs out or your audio device is not Bluetooth compatible
- aptX Technology: Increases digital streaming efficiency and improves overall dynamic range of the headphone.
- Bass Optimizer: Phiaton’s new technology “Acoustic Pressure Balancer” helps to reduce the reverberation and deliver well-balanced and accurate sound with powerful bass.
- Clear Voice Capture: The BT 460 cVc ® technology makes phone calls crystal clear for the person on the other end of the line.
The MS 300 BA earphones were also presented with the coveted award, selected for its Hybrid Dual-Driver and high-performance design. A full list of features is included below:
- Hybrid Dual Driver: Combines both a balanced armature driver and dynamic driver in one
- Balanced Armature Driver: Experience high frequency tones like never before in an earphone. The balanced armature driver technology makes each vibrant note come alive, letting you hear all the textured nuances and precise details of your favorite classical, guitar, and string music.
- Low Frequency Pass Filter: This specialized filtering process optimizes acoustics by filtering out high frequency sound waves from the Dynamic Driver, allowing the driver to hone in on low frequency precision and improved bass. This enables the Hybrid Dual Driver to enhance earphone sound quality along the entire frequency spectrum.
- Music & Calls: Features a remote and microphone so that you can easily answer calls or control your music
- Tangle-Free Oval Shaped Cable: Textured cable helps to minimize cable tangling and minimize cable touch noise
In addition to being honored with the Red Dot Design Award, the BT 460 wireless headphones were recently awarded the iF Design Award.
About Phiaton Corporation
Phiaton produces elegant and crystal clear headphones, earphones and earbuds that are designed for the audiophile who’s searching for premium sound quality. Every Phiaton product combines inventive technology and elegant design for the most natural soundstage, wearability and eye-catching appeal in audio gear today.
About the Red Dot Design Award:
In order to appraise the wide scope of design in a professional manner, the Red Dot Design Award is broken down into the three distinct disciplines: the Red Dot Award: Product Design, Red Dot Award: Communication Design and Red Dot Award: Design Concept. The Red Dot Award is organised by the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen in Essen, Germany. With more than 17,000 entries in 2015 alone, it is one of the largest competitions in the world. It was in 1955 that a jury convened for the first time to assess the best designs of the day. The name and brand of the award were developed in the 1990s by Red Dot CEO, Professor Dr. Peter Zec. Since then the sought-after “Red Dot” is the revered international seal of outstanding design quality. Further information: www.red-dot.org.