DUBAI, UAE – 24th June 2015 – Ipswitch today released WhatsUp Gold 16.3 with innovations that significantly improve the power and user experience of their industry-leading network and system monitoring software for IT teams. The release includes the industry’s first and only native support for Cisco NetFlow-Lite, expanded Microsoft application performance monitoring, and top customer requests for increasing productivity and monitoring flexibility.
“It’s amazing to see other customers provide feedback and then see those same ideas and features incorporated into WhatsUp Gold releases like this one,” said Matt Cline, Senior Systems Administrator at Optim Health. “I like the new WhatsUp Gold interface because it’s clean and modern, and the expanded pre-defined profiles for Microsoft applications are really useful for finding problems like slow database performance on production servers.”
New features in Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold 16.3 include:
- Improved User Experience: A new user interface greatly enhances the user experience and offers simplified navigation
- Faster and Easier Software Installation and Network Discovery: A new software installer and network discovery wizard reduces installation and deployment steps by fifty percent
- Simple, Customer-Friendly Licensing: New unrestricted licensing option expands theaward-winning Ipswitch device-based licensing model that provides IT Teams total network visibility without compromise. Users have the freedom to monitor full devices without vendor-imposed restrictions by elements, interfaces, or monitors that create costly surprises at renewal time.
- First and Only Native Support for Cisco® NetFlow-Lite:Fine-grained support for Cisco Netflow-Lite gives IT teams better traffic flow visibility, improved network planning and simplified troubleshooting and eliminates the need for a third party aggregator to understand and analyze network traffic flow.
- Powerful monitoring for Microsoft Applications:The latest version of WhatsUp Gold provides expanded application performance monitoring (APM) support for Microsoft® Exchange, SharePoint®, Dynamics, Lync®, SQL Server®, Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows®, Active Directory® and Hyper-V®. With version 16.3, IT teams can leverage Microsoft expert knowledge via pre-defined profiles to monitor application performance and dependencies. They can easily get alerts, isolate the root cause of performance problems and fix problems quickly.
- Increased Productivity: WhatsUp Gold 16.3 provides IT teams with one-click device maintenance mode and granular control of blackout schedules and alerts. The latest version also provides smart action policies when devices are down. To further increase productivity and shorten time-to-value, an updated discovery wizard ensures faster and more streamlined set up and discovery.
- Enhanced Monitoring Flexibility: Version 16.3 gives operators expanded customization options and encryption support for Secure Shell (SSH) monitoring. Operators also have detailed control of Windows mount points.
“Ipswitch continues to deliver products that reflect a full and active understanding of what is important for monitoring and managing today’s network infrastructures,” said Jim Frey, Vice President of Research at Enterprise Management Associates. “On top of that, the WhatsUp Gold device-based pricing model is one of the least complex licensing models we’ve encountered.”
“Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold 16.3 provides an improved user experience, simplifies key tasks, and expands our industry-leading device-based licensing model,” said Austin O’Malley, Chief Products Officer at Ipswitch. “The new upgrade also delivers greater visibility into network and application performance and quickly identifies issues to reduce troubleshooting time, allowing IT teams to efficiently monitor and manage network and system performance to meet the demands of a more mobile and connected workforce.”
emt Distribution is the authorised master distributor for Ipswitch in Middle East and is responsible for the distribution of WhatsUp Gold 16.3 across the region, including countries like KSA, UAE, Oman, Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain among others.
Ipswitch helps solve complex IT problems with simple solutions. The company’s software has been installed on more than 150,000 networks spanning 168 countries to monitor networks, applications and servers, and securely transfer files between systems, business partners and customers. Ipswitch was founded in 1991 and is based in Lexington, Massachusetts with offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. For more information, visit www.ipswitch.com.
About emt Distribution
emt Distribution is one of the leading global value added distributors with a foot print spanning several continents with offices located in Australia, Austria, Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore, UK and UAE. The company has been part of the technology distribution landscape for over 15 years. The company’s portfolio consists of security, virtualisation, communication, and analytics solutions.
emt Distribution is well positioned to provide pre-and post-sales support with their team of experienced product specialists. Its team possesses leading industry qualifications, and is equipped with all relevant vendor certification to act as “Trusted Advisors” for channel partners and end-users.
Ipswitch and WhatsUp Gold are registered trademarks of Ipswitch, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft®, SharePoint®, Lync®, SQL Server®, Windows®, Active Directory® and Hyper-V® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Inc. Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Inc. All other trademarks included in this document are the property of their respective owners.