Company’s New Offering, the Next Generation of Programmatic Buying Technology, Provides Publishers a Direct Pipe to Criteo’s Unique Demand and Is Easy to Integrate
New Delhi, 08 June 2017 – Criteo (NASDAQ: CRTO), the performance marketing technology company, today announced Criteo Direct Bidder, its next-generation programmatic buying technology that directly connects publishers’ inventory to the demand from Criteo’s extensive base of more than 15,000 clients globally. This solution allows publishers to maximize the value of their inventory with a new, direct pipe to tap into Criteo’s unique demand. This solution ensures Criteo’s ability to pass transparent bid values on to publishers, creating 20% average lift, while Criteo continues to drive profitable sales for advertisers. Across the globe, Criteo has already migrated more than 250 of its largest premium publishers to Criteo Direct Bidder as part of its early-adopter program.
Criteo Direct Bidder directly connects publisher inventory to Criteo’s demand in an ecosystem that operates as a virtuous cycle of opportunity for all parties. Publishers drive higher revenues and benefit from greater transparency, as they are able to receive granular bids, allowing them to understand the full value of each impression. The virtuous cycle extends to Criteo’s advertising clients, as expanded access to inventory and media buying efficiencies enable them to realize higher campaign performance and ROI.
“Criteo Direct Bidder is producing clear and positive results for its early adopters,” said Dushyant Sapre, Regional Director, Global Supply & Business Development, Criteo APAC. “Publishers who have made the early switch to Criteo Direct Bidder are capturing an average of 20% more of Criteo’s ad spend. This translates into higher value for advertisers, as well. The increase in performance and efficiency, coupled with the greater transparency Criteo Direct Bidder provides, clearly makes this a win-win-win for our publishers, our clients and us.”
“We commend Criteo, one of the first companies to use header technology, for continuing to evolve to meet the industry’s best practices,” said Stephanie Layser, Director, Advertising Technology, NewsCorp. “This development enables publishers to regain control over their tech stack, increasing competition among demand sources and optimizing yield effectively.”
“Our objective is to create a single auction across all demand, and Criteo Direct Bidder helps us deliver this vision,” said Paul de la Nougerede, Commercial Product Director, The Telegraph. “We feel this delivers better solutions for our partners and are delighted that Criteo shares this vision.”
With Criteo Direct Bidder, publishers have a seamless, streamlined solution to maximize the monetization of all their display and native inventory across desktop and mobile, as well as ad-blocked impressions, without increasing Criteo’s average CPMs or traffic acquisition costs. As a result, Criteo’s advertisers have access to the highest quality inventory across all platforms and formats to gain the best possible performance. Criteo is focused on driving leadership in performance marketing with an ecosystem that connects demand and supply for the benefit of all parties.
“As publishers look to balance page performance, they need to be highly selective in determining which bidders are included in their header,” said Karsten Weide, Program Vice President, Media & Entertainment, IDC. “Publishers will choose the partners who are proven to offer transparency, distinct demand, technical efficiency and better CPMs.”
Criteo Direct Bidder offers publishers the following benefits over the previous Criteo integration, known as Real-Time Audience:
- Flexible Configuration for Maximum Yield. Move from static yes or no bids to passing exact bid values, enabling a 20% average lift, increasing volume and competition within the ad server, and optimizing the value of impressions across Criteo’s 15,000+ global advertisers.
- Speed at Scale. Enjoy fast responses with a direct connection into Criteo’s globally distributed network of more than 21,000 Criteo-owned and operated servers, delivering lightning-quick responses to more than 120B requests per day.
- Seamless, Flexible Integration. Offers the option of accessing Criteo’s unique demand through a standalone integration method or an existing Index or Prebid header bidding wrapper. Criteo Direct Bidder helps publishers to future-proof against the rapidly changing programmatic landscape.
In addition to these existing benefits, Criteo Direct Bidder offers:
- Increased Revenue for Display and Native. Allows publishers to eliminate third-party fees and retain the full value of standard display ads and native units that Criteo buys directly.
- Monetization of Ad Blocked Users. Efficiently monetizes a publisher’s ad-blocked impressions.
- Real-Time User Matching. Directly matches users’ cookies, resulting in an average of 20% greater spend from Criteo.
To learn more about Criteo Direct Bidder, please visit http://www.criteo.com/products/criteo-direct-bidder/.
Criteo (NASDAQ: CRTO) delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2,500 employees in more than 30 offices across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific, serving over 15,000 advertisers worldwide and with direct relationships with thousands of publishers. For more information, please visit www.criteo.com.