More than nine hundred Employees Join Hands to Make a Difference to their Local Communities
India – May 16, 2014 – McAfee part of Intel Security, the world’s largest dedicated security technology company organized a series of welfare initiatives on May 15th and 16th, 2014 under the aegis of its annual ‘Global Community Service Day’. The two day long series of events saw participation from more than nine hundred McAfee employees from sales, marketing, product management and R&D functions for a range of community welfare initiatives across Mumbai, Gurgaon and Bengaluru.
Commenting on this initiative, Jagdish Mahapatra, Managing Director- India and SAARC, McAfee, part of Intel Security said, “At McAfee, corporate citizenship is a persistent commitment and we are proud that our ethos is reflected in the tremendous participation from our employees towards this initiative. In addition to the community service day events, our Cyber-education program institutionalised since 2013 regularly delivers cyber education lessons to Indian school-aged children by McAfee employee volunteers. With over 5000 students in Bengaluru and Mumbai already trained under the program, we urge more schools to embrace this initiative as we scale up the program over the next one year”.
Across its offices in Bengaluru, Mumbai and Gurgaon, close to thousand employees volunteered in the Community Service Day initiatives undertaken by the company-
- Online Safety for Kids: McAfee has always been at the forefront of promoting the cause of online safety for children. In this regard, McAfee conducted workshops in Sneha Sadan by showcasing dangers prevalent on the internet and caution that children need to exercise when online.
- Support for Sneha Sadan, a home for street & homeless children: Sneha Sadan, home for homeless street children in Mumbai was supported by McAfee by getting civil work done to create a recreation area for the children of the Sadan. McAfee’s team also helped in creating a mini garden, library and provided badminton net and rackets for these children.
- Special children home visit: McAfee employees also spent quality time with the special children at Cheshire Home where they spent the afternoon by playing, singing, dancing over a tea time party specially organized for them.
- My Street Clean Street: McAfee team bought in civic sense by keeping the street clean to the same roads that are used for commuting to work daily. McAfee team cleaned the surrounding of the road and helped in maintaining the hygiene.
- Charity Begins at Home: To mark a tribute to the support staff such as housekeeping and security, McAfee employees shared a token of appreciation for their unwavering support and contribution to the company.
- Going green: A 10 km cycle ride was organized to spread awareness around the need to reduce our carbon footprint and drive the ‘go green’ message.
- ‘Uttejana’ Students Engagement: As a part of this activity, McAfee undertook special lessons for students of Class XI and XII on personality development and handling crisis situations to make them job-ready.
- Orphanage visit: McAfee employees spent quality time with the orphans and elderly at NAMS Sneha Sadhan orphanages
- Blood Donation Camps: Most of the employees participated in blood donation drives across location and more than 300 people donated blood
- Tree Plantation: Held in two offices, Bangalore and Gurgaon, the drive saw more than 150 trees being planted by employees. Tree plantation is a regular community welfare initiative at McAfee and the company has planted and managed 210 trees since the start of the initiative.
- Education Funding: A program focused on providing financial assistance to support children’s education. This funded program will supports over 200 children to realise their dreams.
· School visit: McAfee team engaged with urban poor children by spending a day with them and to make a real difference in their life. The children were the students of a government run local school
Anand Prahlad, Managing Director & Head of Operations, McAfee India Center at McAfee, Part of Intel Security said “At the McAfee India Centre, technology development goes hand in hand with community philanthropy. We want to inspire our employees to invest their time and energy to empower their communities and this initiative has been a successful enabler towards making this possible.”
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com