The British Council digital library has included a range of new online products like e-learning modules for self-development, comics for all ages and audiobooks for listening enthusiasts.
The online learning modules Atomic training provide opportunity to train on Microsoft skills, soft skills, programming aspects on certain software’s like Photoshop, Adobe etc.
OneClick digital has more than 1000 unabridged audiobooks including Dr Who, Classics, Plays & Poetry and even Self Help.
Comic Plus – 7,000 graphic novels, comics and manga for kids from over 80 publishers catering to every age group and interest
The enhanced offer comes with 13 month validity on the membership if registered on or before 30 June.
The online library features also include:
- IndieFlix – Thousands of award-winning independent movies, short feature films and documentaries from all over the world are available. Members have unlimited access to thousands of free streaming film-festival hits.
- Zinio – A collection of international digital magazines with the same great articles, photos, and ads as the print version, but packed with the power and convenience of the digital form. Each issue is delivered to the desktop, for the reader to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
- Ebrary – More than 120,000 full text downloadable books for academic and research purposes from more than 450+ publishers. The complete database covers areas like Arts, Humanities, Engineering, IT & Computers, Management, Medical Sciences, English Language, Business Communication, Literature, Law, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
- Journals – 7000 full text e-journals for academic and research purposes across subjects including Engineering, IT & Computers, Management, Medical Sciences, English Language, Business Communication, Literature, Law, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
- Literature Online – Literature Online is a fully searchable library of over 350,000 full-text works of English literature including several literary databases of poetry, plays and fiction as well as general reference works and links to other Internet sites.
- Press Reader – over 4000 full text newspapers and periodicals from across the globe. It provides access to 580 UK newspaper and periodicals
Registrations can be done by logging on to www.library.britishcouncil.org.in. The username and password will be sent within 48 hours of registration.
The above services are available on any computer with Internet access. It also works on handheld devices through the web browser.
About the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.
We work in more than 100 countries and our 7,000 staff – including 2,000 teachers – work with thousands of professionals and policy makers and millions of young people every year by teaching English, sharing the arts and delivering education and society programmes. The British Council is recognised across India for its network of 9 libraries and cultural centres. We offer a range of specialised projects in arts, education, exams, English language and society to audiences across India and more than 100,000 members. We also provide access to English language training and learning for both students and teachers, offer UK qualifications in India and enable opportunities to study in the UK.
We are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter. A core publically-funded grant provides less than 25 per cent of our turnover which last year was £781 million. The rest of our revenues are earned from services which customers around the world pay for, through education and development contracts and from partnerships with public and private organisations. All our work is in pursuit of our charitable purpose and supports prosperity and security for the UK and globally.