Chicago, 23 May 2019 – The International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) has announced the winners of the Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards in the categories New Technology and New Development during their 23rd conference (ISSF-23) which was held Chicago.
To encourage our members to increase their work on market development, and to provide inspiration for new ideas, we present Awards at our Annual Conference for the Best New Applications for Stainless Steel in two categories: Best New Technology and Best New Development. The range of entries has varied widely, giving a good spread of ideas to other members. The purpose of these Awards is not only to reward excellence in individual company achievements but also to increase market development by adding to the pool of creative new ideas.
Best Technology Award
- Gold Award: Outokumpu – for the bend-formed body structure for small electrified vehicles (click here)
- Silver Award: NIPPON STEEL Stainless Steel Corporation – for KAGRA, the large cryogenic gravitational-wave telescope of Japan (click here)
- Bronze Award: POSCO – for STS439, a ferritic stainless steel with enhanced formability for exhaust systems of hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles (click here)
- Bronze Award: NIPPON STEEL Stainless Steel Corporation – for stainless steel sheet as used in turbine housing [CK-SMiTH] (click here)
Best Development Award
- Gold Award: Outokumpu – for the duplex stainless steel bridge (click here)
- Silver Award: NIPPON STEEL Stainless Steel Corporation – for the sediment discharging facility at the Biratori Dam (click here)
- Bronze Award: Aperam – for the stainless steel floor for garbage truck hoppers (click here)
- Bronze Award: The Indian Stainless Steel Development Association – for the applications that lead the way to a safe and sustainable future (click here)
Full details of the winning entries as well as all other entries have been published in a new Brochure entitled “The New Applications Awards – 2018” which is available on the ISSF Website. Click here