What’s New: The Intel® Xeon® W-3175X processor is available today. This unlocked1 28-core workstation powerhouse is built for select, highly-threaded and computing-intensive applications such as architectural and industrial design and professional content creation.
Built for handling heavily threaded applications and tasks, the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor delivers uncompromising single- and all-core world-class performance for the most advanced professional creators and their demanding workloads.
Why It’s Different: With the most cores and threads, CPU PCIe lanes, and memory capacity of any Intel desktop processor, the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor has the features that matter for massive mega-tasking projects such as film editing and 3D rendering. Other key features and capabilities:
Mesh Architecture, which delivers low latency and high data bandwidth between
CPU cores, cache, memory and I/O while increasing the number of cores per
– a critical need for the demanding, highly-threaded workloads of creators and experts.
- Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, a precision toolset that helps experienced overclockers optimize their experience with unlocked1processors.
- Intel® Extreme Memory Profile, which simplifies the overclocking1experience by removing the guesswork of memory overclocking.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) ratio offset and memory controller trim voltage control that allow for optimization of overclocking frequencies regardless of SSE or AVX workloads, and allow maximization of memory overclocking1.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 that delivers frequencies up to 4.3 GHz.
- Up to 68 platform PCIe lanes, 38.5 MB Intel Smart Cache, 6-channel DDR4 memory support with up to 512 GB at 2666 MHz, and ECC and standard RAS support power peripherals and high-speed tools.
- Intel® C621 chipset based systems designed to support the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor allow professional content creators to achieve a new level of performance.
- Asetek* 690LX-PN all-in-one liquid cooler, a custom created solution sold separately by Asetek, helps ensure the processor runs smoothly at both stock settings and while overclocking.
- With the Intel Xeon W-3175 processor, build the “Infiltrator Demo” in Unreal Engine up to 1.52x faster compared with the Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE processor. 2
How You Get It: The Intel Xeon W-3175X processor is available from system integrators that develop purpose-built desktop workstations.
Intel® Xeon® W-3175X:
- Base Clock Speed (GHz): 3.1
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Maximum Single Core Turbo Frequency (GHz): 4.3
- Cores/Threads: 28/56
- TDP: 255W
- Intel® Smart Cache: 38.5 MB
- Unlocked: Yes
- Platform PCIE Lanes: Up to 68
- Memory Support: Six Channels, DDR4-2666
- Standard RAS Support: Yes
- ECC Support: Yes
- RCP Pricing (USD 1K): $2,999
The Small Print:
1Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.
Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors.
Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.
Performance results are based on testing as of January 24, 2019, and may not reflect all publicly available security updates. See configuration disclosure for details. No product or component can be absolutely secure.
The workload is the “Infiltrator Demo” from Epic Games and is built using the “production” lighting quality setting in Unreal Engine* 4.21.2.
Intel® Xeon® W-3175X Processor, 28C56T, Turbo up to 4.3 GHz, Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 (GV-N1080TTOC-8GD), Memory: 6 x Samsung 8GB DDR4-2666 RDIMM (M393A1G40EB2-CTD), Storage: Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series 480 GB, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit RS5, Motherboard: ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme, BIOS build: 409
Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor, 18C36T, Turbo up to 4.5 GHz, Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 (GV-N1080TTOC-8GD), Memory: 4 x Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2666 UDIMM (HX426C16FBK4), Storage: Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series 480 GB, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit RS5, Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage VI APEX, BIOS build: 1602
Intel, the Intel logo, and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
For further details, please visit Intel Newsroom
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), a leader in the semiconductor industry, is shaping the data-centric future with computing and communications technology that is the foundation of the world’s innovations. The company’s engineering expertise is helping address the world’s greatest challenges as well as helping secure, power and connect billions of devices and the infrastructure of the smart, connected world – from the cloud to the network to the edge and everything in between. Find more information about Intel at newsroom.intel.com and intel.com.