Hiring is up by 18 per cent between March 2014 and March 2015, with the IT & telecom sectors leading the way, confirms TimesJobs’ RecruiteX index
April 20, 2015: The IT & telecom sectors clocked a whopping 31 per cent rise in demand for talent, with the overall TimesJobs.com RecruiteX demand index growing by 18 per cent between March 2014 and March 2015.
“The growth of Indian economy has fueled MNC interest in India resulting in rising demand for professionals with experience in Indian contexts. Further, the trend of tech professionals from large organizations making a move to join startups as the top bosses is further pushing up attrition and demand for skilled professionals. This trend is expected to continue in the coming quarter.” says Vivek Madhukar, COO, TimesJobs.com.
Big Hiring by Major Sectors
Among the top 10 sectors, petrochemicals, oil and gas, power, travel and hospitality all saw annual growth rates between 16 to 19 percent in hiring. Consulting services and construction also posted a 16 per cent rise in demand for talent reports TimesJobs.
- Hiring in projects & infrastructure industries grew by 17 per cent y-o-y
- Hiring in both construction and the entertainment/media sectors grew by 12 per cent
- Manufacturing sectors also posted 11 per cent rise in demand for talent.
More Jobs in Tier II & III Cities
Among the top 10 locations, tier II and III cities saw the highest rise. Indore topped the chart with over 30 per cent rise in demand for talent between March 2014 and March 2015, according to the latest TimesJobs RecruiteX.
- Ahmedabad posted 15 per cent rise in demand y-o-y
- Among metros, Delhi NCR registered 4 per cent rise in demand
- Among the states, Karnataka (excluding Bengaluru) saw 33 per cent increase in hiring
Jobs for All
Demand for entry-level front office and experienced administrative staff grew by a substantial 19 per cent over last year.
Demand for Media, Entertainment and Journalism professionals also saw 18 per cent rise.
Business management professionals and consultants also saw a 16 per cent rise in demand between March 2014 and March 2015.
The demand index for experienced professionals with 10-20 years experience posted an incredible 26 per cent increase y-o-y, indicating that 2015 is going to see the return of demand for the mid level manager. Senior professionals, with over 20 years experience also witnessed 18 per cent rise in demand.
· Demand for candidates with 5-10 years experience up by 16 per cent y-o-y
· Candidates with 0-2 years experience reported 15 per cent rise
Click here to download the complete report – http://content.timesjobs.com/docs/RecruiteXMar2015.pdf
TimesJobs.com, India’s leading career and recruitment portal, is one of the best-selling online ventures of the Times of India Group. Conceived and launched in 2004, TimesJobs.com currently has a candidate database of more than 20 million registered job-seekers across levels and functions who clock-in over 40 million page views a month.
TimesJobs.com is positioning itself as an engagement platform and knowledge resource for insights, information, analysis and opinions on the recruitment market. Well-known for its product innovations and unmatched deliverables, TimesJobs.com has pioneered the platforms of:
– JobBuzz.in for candidate engagement with company reviews and ratings
– TechGig.com as India’s leading IT network for careers, coding and competitions
– StepAhead for career assessment and enhancement services
– RecruiteX as the definitive demand and supply recruitment index
– The TJinsite knowledge series and a lot more.
TimesJobs.com serves a corporate customer base of more than 25,000 clients from across the globe. It has been serving clients like HCL, IBM, Yamaha, Godrej, HSBC, Mahindra, Bajaj Allianz, TCS and Thomson Reuters to name a few.