The Bank will offer the club’s Indian fans with a range of co-branded credit and debit cards
Mumbai: ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, has agreed to a multi-year partnership with Manchester United, bringing a range of competitive co-branded credit and debit card to the club’s 35 million Indian followers.
As part of the agreement, ICICI Bank will be offering fans of the club two types of credit card – Manchester United Platinum Credit Card by ICICI Bank and Manchester United Signature Credit Card by ICICI Bank. Each card will come with competitive rates, as well as qualifying for a wide range of exclusive privileges and discounts on merchandise from Manchester United online store and other affiliated partners in India. Privileges include, fully paid trips to Old Trafford to watch a game, the chance to observe a first team training session, signed merchandise as well as a Manchester United welcome gift for each new customer.
Mr. Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank said, “We are delighted to partner with Manchester United, the English Premier League football club, to introduce a range of bank’s variants of credit and debit cards. This collaboration further underscores our commitment to deliver innovative, powerful and distinctive value propositions to our customers. These co-branded cards are yet another compelling proposition to cater to the fans of the iconic football club in the country. This launch re-affirms our commitment to bring in world class privileges to our customers. We believe that this card will be yet another imperative addition to our existing range of credit and debit cards.”
Manchester United Group Managing Director, Richard Arnold commented, “The club has enjoyed numerous visits to India over the past few seasons, with our #ILOVEUNITED fan event held in Mumbai in January, attracting almost 5,000 fans to the live match screening. Our partnership with ICICI Bank means we can continue to engage and communicate with these loyal fans whilst offering them quality financial products from one of India’s most reputable banking groups.”
To pre-book the Manchester United Credit Card by ICICI Bank, give a missed call on <7434 00 5555> or SMS MU to <5676766> and our customer care executive will contact you.
The Manchester United range of debit cards by ICICI Bank will be available shortly.
Exclusive benefits with the ‘Manchester United credit cards by ICICI Bank’ include:
- Top 18 spenders of the annual campaign* will be presented a full paid trip to Old Trafford match tickets, Manchester United jerseys signed by the team and hospitality at a game
- Top 18 spenders of the annual campaign* will also get a chance for a private tour of the stadium and museum, watch a part of a training session with the first team squad and visit to the Manchester United megastore at the stadium
- Top 70 spenders of the annual campaign* will be awarded Manchester United branded merchandise
- Top spender every month will get a signed Manchester United jersey & a ticket to a match being played by the Manchester United team
- 10-20% discounts on merchandise from the Manchester United online store and associated partners in India
- Welcome Gift of branded Manchester United merchandise on every credit card. Welcome gift may include Manchester United branded football, holdall, etc
Other benefits include:
- Up to 5 reward points on everyday purchases
- Buy one get one movie ticket through BookMyShow platform
- 15% discounts on dining at affiliated restaurants
- Fuel surcharge waiver
- Up to 2 complimentary airport lounge access per quarter on ICICI Bank Manchester United Credit Cards
About ICICI Bank Ltd : ICICI Bank Ltd (NYSE:IBN) is India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets. The Bank’s consolidated total assets stood at US$ 172.5 billion at March 31, 2018. ICICI Bank’s subsidiaries include India’s leading private sector insurance, asset management and securities brokerage companies, and among the country’s largest private equity firms. It is present across 17 countries, including India.
About Manchester United: Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 140-year heritage we have won 66 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.