-Hilton ranked as the third best place to work in Australian study.
SYDNEY, Sept. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has been recognised as one of Australia’s best companies to work for, an accolade dedicated to companies with exceptional workplace cultures. Placed third on the top 50 list, Hilton has been distinguished for creating a high trust and high performance organisational culture by offering Team Members great work environments, careers and rewards.
Hilton placed third in Australia’s Best Companies to Work For in 2017 by Great Place to Work® Institute
“What an honour being placed third in the 2017 Best Places to Work Study. This accolade comes from our Team Members’ passion and dedication to providing memorable and heart-felt experiences for our guests. Our employee value proposition is to create great rewards, great careers and a great environment to help our Team Members thrive,” said Brendan Toomey, vice president of human resources, Asia Pacific, Hilton. “Not only is Hilton the only hospitality company to make the top 50 list in Australia, but it is also the first time we have submitted an entry to Great Place to Work. This achievement supports our commitment of being the most hospitable company in the world.”
This recognition follows a number of other recent accolades across Asia Pacific for being a great place to work. Hilton was ranked third in Asia’s Best Multinational Workplaces 2017, third in Best Companies to Work For in Greater China, and 25th in the top 100 Great Place To Work® for India.
The recognition bears testament to Hilton’s leading practices and programmes that build a strong team culture. For Australia, these are:
- Flexible Work Practices — These practices allow for customisation and personalisation in order to meet the distinct needs of each Team Members’ lifestyle, their location and their role, to encourage work/life balance. Examples of the various options Team Members have include work-from-home, flexible scheduling, compressed workweek, flextime, job sharing, and part-time working options.
- Travel with Purpose — Hilton’s corporate responsibility strategy that empowers Team Members to make a difference and develop local solutions that positively impact their communities and environment. In the last 12 months, 1,567 Team Members in Australia have volunteered, completing over 12,000 hours and have activated over 170 solutions to local community challenges.
- Heart of House upgrades — In February 2015, Hilton embarked on a Heart of House initiative to create an inviting back-of-house environment for Team Members. So far, Australian hotels have invested in over $420,000 to create an engaging look and feel, consistent with Hilton’s brand culture, of which Team Members can be proud.
- Celebrating diversity — Since launching in 2015, the Women in Leadership Program has empowered more than 100 female Team Members in Australia, assisting them in their career journeys. So far, 35% of participants have already been promoted or transferred within the company.
- Opportunities for development — Hilton Australia launched a training program called ‘Driving Effective Career Conversations’. Since launching the course in 2012, 656 Team Members have attended the course, which was designed to assist Team Members in better planning and communication of their career goals, including the completion of a Birkman Profile and Career Map.
- Go Hilton — A travel programme that provides exclusive travel discounts and benefits for Team Members, as well as their family and friends. Not only is the program great for Team Members, though the program has also been beneficial for hotels across Australia with over 4,700 room nights booked, generating $300,000 in revenue since launching the program in 2016.
- Recognition — Hilton offers several opportunities for recognition through programmes such as Catch Me at My Best, and the CEO Light & Warmth Awards that acknowledge Team Members at all levels from guests, peers and managers. Team Member Appreciation Week saw over 120 events organised to celebrate their Team Members in Australia in 2017.
Hilton employs more than 1,300 people each year in Australia, across its 12 hotels and corporate office.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising nearly 5,000 properties with more than 812,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences — every hotel, every guest, every time. The company’s portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work Australia, part of Great Place to Work Inc, is a global research and consulting firm specialising in workplace excellence and development of high-trust and high-engagement workplace cultures. Our proprietary research tool, the Trust Index® Employee Engagement Survey, is taken annually by over 10 million employees worldwide. Leading companies worldwide use our model to increase the levels of trust across their organisations and drive business results