April 6, 2016, Hyderabad: CP. Gurnani was appointed as the NASSCOM Chairman for 2016-2017 in an event organized at T-Hub, IIIT-Hyderabad, announced National Association of Software and Services companies, NASSCOM. CP. Gurnani will take over as the Chairman, NASSCOM effective 6 April, 2016. He succeeds BVR Mohan Reddy. As its chairman CP. Gurnani will support the NASSCOM to catalyze the growth of Indian technology and services Industry to achieve its desired purpose and aspirations.
Acknowledging this development CP. Gurnani, Chairman, NASSCOM and MD & CEO, Tech Mahindra, said, “I feel very humbled to be given this opportunity, at a time when the industry is on the threshold of an exciting new journey. Innovative startups and disruptive technology have together created exciting times for the industry. Being at the helm of the NASSCOM; I will continue to drive greater engagement with our stakeholders and members to address the prevalent industry issues of inclusion, education, infrastructure security and corporate governance.”
Chairman, CP. Gurnani will team up with Vice-Chairman, Mr. Raman Roy and President, R Chandrashekhar to lead NASSCOM in the process to execute its objective to facilitate NASSCOM to achieve its 2020 vision for the Information Technology and Communication industry. The vision 2020 encapsulate below:
- Focused programs to build India as digital and innovation hub
- Enhance global trade initiatives to counter protectionist sentiments and enhance market access in developed and emerging markets.
- Build programs to showcase how domestic technology adoption can accelerate India’s transformation.
- Focus on Niche Opportunity Areas identified in Perspective 2025 – IOT, Cyber Security, Analytics, SaaS.
- Accelerate adoption of job roles and qualification packs for key skills, lead mutual recognition of skills in Asian countries.
- Expand and nurture the startup initiative through focused interventions and business connect.
- Strengthen industry council initiatives to enhance engagement across the ecosystem.
- Gurnani is the member of the NASSCOM Executive Council and Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer, Tech Mahindra. While Raman Roy was appointed as the Vice-Chairman, NASSCOM for 2016-2017, is the Chairman and Managing Director of Quattro Global Services.
NASSCOM® is the premier trade body and the chamber of commerce of the IT-BPM industries in India. NASSCOM is a global trade body with more than 1800 members, that include both Indian and multinational companies that have a presence in India. NASSCOM’s member and associate member companies are broadly in the business of software development, software services, software products, consulting services, BPO services, e-commerce & web services, engineering services off-shoring and animation and gaming. NASSCOM’s membership base constitutes over 95% of the industry revenues in India and employs over 3.1 million professionals.
– Leela Rani. Dondapati