Fareportal saves $400,000 per annum in real estate costs using Citrix XenDesktop Enhanced security and mobility with Citrix Desktop Virtualization Solution

citrixIndia, December 18, 2012: Fareportal, announced the implementation of Citrix XenDesktop that has enabled the company to reutilise expensive real estate in addition to enhanced security of data and mobility for its employees.

Reutilizing real estate is the biggest advantage that the company has gained through Citrix XenDesktop. The company doesn’t have to spend more on the real estate cost and can now accommodate more people in the same space, thereby saving almost $400,000 per annum in real estate costs and 25-30% on power costs. As the company is PCI compliant, the deployment has also helped the company secure data directly at the server side rather than individually securing individual end points. Another benefit for the company has been to enable mobility as the virtualised desktop environment allows employees to access data anywhere and on any device across any network.

The IT team zeroed in on desktop virtualisation as their technology of choice and after weighing the different models such as pay-as-you-go and subscription models, decided to choose Citrix XenDesktop. After a successful Proof of Concept (PoC), Fareportal has migrated almost 30 percent employees on Citrix XenDesktop virtualized environment, and the remaining 70 percent would be migrated in the near future. The company is currently in the process of transitioning its development environment on Citrix XenDesktop and moving the entire call centre onto the virtualized environment in the near future.

Speaking about the implementation, Mr. A.K. Singh, Director- IT, Fareportal said, “Citrix has enabled us to create a dynamic, secure desktop infrastructure while facilitating savings on real estate expenditure. We believe that this innovative desktop and applications delivery framework will be a keystone in our next phase of the company’s expansion.”

“Our other considerations for deploying a desktop virtualization solution were reduction in power consumption, enhanced security, ease of manageability and mobility,” he added.

Cost optimization is a top priority for every enterprise given the challenging business environment. With Citrix Virtual Desktops we have helped Fareportal improve the seat utilization of employees working in different shifts. This increased real estate utilization has helped Fareportal optimize cost. We are extremely pleased to partner with Fareportal in their journey of Business transformation using innovative IT initiatives, said Sanjay Deshmukh, Area Vice President, India Subcontinent, Citrix

Fareportal is one of the fastest growing travel companies in the world. Headquartered in New York, the company ranks as the seventh largest online travel group in the US. Strategically positioned in New York, Las Vegas and New Delhi, Fareportal operates a 24/7 travel fulfilment and call centre operation. With its main delivery centre based out of Gurgaon, the Indian operations were witnessing robust growth and a 30% y-o-y increase in employee expansion. The emergent size and scale of Fareportal necessitated an increase in office space; plans of which were marred by rising real estate prices. With the challenge of matching its growth with that of its real estate requirements, the company was looking for a powerful technology that would help them reutilise their real estate resources

About Citrix

Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.