SINGAPORE, May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ –The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham) today announced the re-election of Dwight Hutchins as chairman. Dwight will lead the AmCham Board of Governors and be responsible for the chamber’s strategic oversight, policy directions, and governance.
Currently an Asia Pacific Managing Director for Strategy Consulting at Accenture, Dwight is charged with helping Accenture’s largest Asia -based clients improve their competitiveness and performance. He has been active in AmCham since his arrival in Singapore in 2013 and a member of the Board of Governors since 2014.
Commenting on his appointment, Dwight said, “I am honored that the Board has chosen to re-elect me. It is a privilege to work with fellow leaders representing American businesses in Singapore . I would like to convey my sincere gratitude to all governors — past and present — for their active involvement and impactful contributions. I am confident that the chamber will continue to grow and create value for our members and the American business community both in the region and back home.”
Amcham Interim Executive Director Ashley Rossi McInerney stated, “The AmCham leadership team is delighted to make this appointment. Dwight’s strategic vision and capacity for innovation are invaluable to our evolution as a preeminent business platform in Singapore and the region. His leadership and commitment to organizational growth is unwavering; we are pleased to have Dwight continue in his role as AmCham Chairman.”
Prior to his move to Asia , Dwight was Global Managing Director of Accenture’s Health and Public Service Strategy practice, leading project teams around the world in helping clients define their strategy, reorganize, increase effectiveness, reduce costs, and transform their operations to become high performing public sector organizations. Additionally, he also consulted banking and manufacturing clients during his time with McKinsey & Co. and Bain.
Dwight received an MPA from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University , an MBA from Kellogg at Northwestern University , and a BS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Tennessee .
In addition to Dwight as Chair, AmCham’s 2017-2018 leadership team includes:
- Robert Harayda, Senior Vice President, Finance, Marina Bay Sands (Treasurer)
- Laurence Chin, Country Manager Singapore and Offline Sales, United Airlines (Secretary)
- Elizabeth Hernandez, Director, ShiftRunner (Vice Chair for Committees)
- Killick Datta, Chairman and CEO, Global Brand Partners (Vice Chair for Membership)
- Jeff Hardee, Singapore Country Manager and Director for Government and Corporate Affairs Asia Pacific, Caterpillar (Vice Chair for Advocacy)
- Penny Burtt, Vice President, Government Affairs Asia-Pacific, Visa Worldwide
- Jonathan Collard, Vice President, Government Affairs and Policy Asia Pacific, Johnson & Johnson
- David Katz, Deputy Head of Global Government Relations and Head of Asia Pacific Government Relations, PayPal
- Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei, Vice President of Communications and Value Based Healthcare, Asia Pacific, Medtronic
- Lisa Liaw, Director – Financial Controller, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia, American Express
- Timothy Lynch, Regional Human Resources Director, Boeing Asia-Pacific
- Iain McLaughlin, ASEAN President, The Coca-Cola Company
- Steven Okun, Director Public Affairs, Asia Pacific, KKR Asia
- Thomas Olsen, Partner, Bain & Company
- Magesvaran Suranjan, President, Asia Pacific, Procter & Gamble
- Kevin Wo, Managing Director, Microsoft Singapore
- Ashley Rossi McInerney, Interim Executive Director, AmCham Singapore
The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore is the leading international business association in Singapore, with over 5,000 members representing more than 700 companies. American companies’ direct investment in Singapore exceeds an estimated US$229 billion .