India, March 19, 2014: Citrix in association with Zinnov unveiled a report on enterprise mobility adoption in India, which analyses the current penetration of enterprise mobility solutions in Indian enterprises. The survey revealed that Indian companies recognise the compelling need for enterprise mobility adoption due to factors such as IT consumerisation & increased mobile device proliferation. However the potential is marred by inhibitors such as security & data breach, integration issues, regulatory compliance, high cost etc. Following are some of the key report highlights-
- Though enterprise mobility use cases are fast emerging, less than 50% of the enterprises today have defined enterprise mobility strategy of any form
- It is increasingly being realized by the enterprises that defining a well-planned approach towards enterprise mobility deployments can gain maximum user acceptance, reduce time to ROI as well as mitigate security concerns
- Accordingly, enterprises are required to define a comprehensive enterprise mobility strategy encompassing “User Devices”, “Enterprise Mobility Applications”, “Data Accessibility & Network Connectivity” and “End Users of Enterprise Mobility” to realize maximum productivity and operational improvements
- Choosing an integrated solution from a single vendor might potentially help ensure homogeneity, minimize support issues and reduce costs thus maximizing ROI for enterprise mobility deployments
Unveiling the report, Mr. Sanjay Deshmukh, Area Vice President, India Sub-continent, Citrix said, “Increasingly, users across Indian organizations are demanding freedom to choose their own device, use any app at work, and have access to enterprise data from any place, any device, anytime. As a result, organizations need to redefine their mobility strategy to address user demand while meeting IT security and management requirements around the user, device, apps and data. To reflect this current scenario, our study with Zinnov attempts to focus on the need for enterprises to take a planned and comprehensive approach for implementing comprehensive mobility solutions and transform their existing IT infrastructure.”
Key drivers for Enterprise Mobility Adoption
- 70% Technology stakeholders says that unified communications is a key driver for enterprise mobility.
- The second most valuable driver was increasing collaboration amongst employees, resonated by 60% of technology and business stakeholders
Key applications mobilized by enterprises
- 97% of respondents said that they have deployed corporate email through enterprise mobility solutions
- In the near future, enterprise grade applications such as CRM (planned by 38 percent organizations), ERP (planned by 40 percent organizations), SCM (planned by 31 percent organizations), Sales Force Automation (planned by 25 percent organizations) as well as Time Management / Billing & Field Service / Order Booking applications (planned by 25 percent organizations) are the key applications that are expected to witness mobilization
Key benefits of Enterprise Mobility
- Respondents admitted that the top three benefits they accrued through enterprise mobility included improved productivity, enhanced competitiveness and ensuring better customer service
- The respondents identified that ensuring deployment of only approved mobile applications, business rules adherence in mobile applications, ensuring enterprise procedural controls and availing integrated solution from a single vendor are crucial for the successful implementation of Enterprise Mobility strategies.
- For organizations to have a comprehensive strategy on mobility, respondents identified the following key pillars:
- User devices – Android (84% respondents), iOS (62% respondents) and Windows Phone (46% respondents) are gaining popularity requiring organizations to support multiple platforms for enterprise mobility applications
- Applications – After email (96% respondents), CRM (68% respondents) and Unified Communications (64% respondents) form the key applications desired by business stakeholders
- Data accessibility – Desktop & App Virtualization, and Cloud based data storage solutions can help organizations ensure seamless access to data, which becomes essential for a highly mobile workforce
- Users – Employees prefer user friendliness of apps, easy authorization, less device downtime and support for both work and personal devices
According to Praveen Bhadada, Senior Director, Zinnov Management Consulting, “Enterprise mobility holds tremendous potential for enterprises in improving overall productivity, connecting with the customers and opening up business avenues. However, consistent user experience, without the compromise of security is the key for any successful mobility deployment. A homogenised mobility deployment can help enterprise plug the security gaps and maintain highest level of usability. The acceptance has already started coming, the onus now lies on the vendors to provide a comprehensive solution towards mobility needs of enterprises”
The research for the Citrix Enterprise Mobility survey was conducted by Zinnov with 130 IT and business stakeholders in 65 organizations across India.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in virtualization, networking and cloud infrastructure to enable new ways for people to work better. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers to build, manage and secure virtual and mobile workspaces that seamlessly deliver apps, desktops, data and services to anyone, on any device, over any network or cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive with mobile workstyles. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million people globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com