PWD candidates get dedicated help desk & more
September 15th, Bengaluru: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore announced today that the registrations for CAT 2016 end by 5:00 p.m. on 22nd September. Prof. Rajendra K. Bandi, Convenor, CAT 2016, said: “Going by the trends of previous years, there will be a huge surge in the number of registrations in the last 2-3 days, which increases the load on the servers, and can potentially impact the server response time. Therefore, candidates are strongly advised to register early and avoid last minute inconvenience.” Prof. Rajendra K. Bandi also announced new and salient features important for CAT 2016 aspirants:
- For the first time, CAT 2016 enables an option to correct mistakes, if any, discovered after submission of the CAT application. Candidates will have an option to correct details like Percentage of Marks scored, Work Experience, and Programmes Selected. No other details can be edited. This option will be available on the CAT Application form Webpage from 1st to 5th of October, 2016.
- CAT 2016 has unveiled several initiatives for Person With Disability (PWD) candidates
- A dedicated help desk [email@example.com] to assist and answer queries of PWD candidates.
- For purely visual questions (like graphs, pictures, or maps) alternate questions of equal difficulty will be provided for candidates with visual disability.
- On the test day, PWD candidates will be given priority access (15 minutes before permitting other candidates) to the test venue for test registration.
- Every test center, assigned to PWD candidates, will have a PWD coordinator to assist the PWD candidates. The contact details of the PWD coordinator will be provided to the candidates prior to the test.
- Every test center, assigned to PWD candidates, will have a fully functional wheelchair available for any candidate who may need mobility assistance.
- The CAT application Webpage will have a separate Tab to capture the assistance required by PWD candidates. This includes option of using a scribe, request for a wheelchair, request to enable the zoom feature etc. This option will be available from 1st to 5th of October, 2016.
Help Desk email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Number: 1-800-266-3549
(Monday to Saturday 09:00 a.m. to 05:30 p.m.; not available on National / Public Holidays)