Ahead of the holiday season, Canon launches EOS 200D II DSLR – Delights consumers with its most compact and lightweight DSLR
Priced at INR 52,995 (EF-S18-55 IS STM Kit) and INR 65,995(EF-S18-55 IS STM + EF-S55-250 IS STM), EOS 200D II is the perfect amalgamation of form and functionality
India, May 14th, 2019: Continuing with its commitment towards innovation, Canon India, one of the leading players in the imaging space today announced the launch of EOS 200D II, the latest addition to their EOS DSLR range and a successor to the iconic EOS 200D. Powered by Canon’s DIGIC 8 imaging processor and packed with a multitude of features, the EOS 200D II packs a punch in its light weight and compact body.
With the onset of the holiday season, Canon’s most compact and lightweight DSLR EOS 200D II will prove to be the ideal travel companion for photography enthusiasts to capture everyday moments. It sports an APS-C size (equivalent) imaging sensor along with a Vari-angle LCD monitor. With the Creative Assist and smooth skin feature incorporated for the first time in an EOS DSLR, users will be able to achieve desired effects in their photographs and take picture perfect selfies easily on the EOS 200D II.
Speaking on the launch of the new Canon EOS 200D II, Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO, Canon India said, “At Canon, it is our constant endeavour to promote the culture of photography among all genres. I have personally seen photography grow by leaps and bounds and it’s a matter of pride that Canon has played a key role towards this growth. With photography becoming an everyday affair, we always strive to introduce products that can enable our consumers to capture beautiful memories in a seamless manner. With the launch of our new user-friendly EOS 200D II camera, we are equipping users with an ideal companion to capture simple, everyday moments with ease. We are positive that the EOS 200D II will be instrumental in making photography an enjoyable experience for users.”
Elaborating about the product, Mr. Eddie Udagawa, Vice President, Consumer Imaging and Information Centre, Canon India said, “With the increasing interest in photography, consumers are now looking for products that are not only feature rich, but also convenient to use and carry. Keeping abreast with their evolving requirements, we are delighted to launch Canon EOS 200D II DSLR, which aims to facilitate a convenient, hassle-free and an enjoyable experience to photography enthusiasts. Powered by 24.1 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the latest DIGIC 8 image processor, the camera will enable users create vibrant and sharp images with every click. On top of an intuitive interface, EOS 200D II is loaded with features that will enhance portrait shots and seamless connectivity for users to share their snapshots instantly. With the new product, we are positive that photographers at all levels will feel empowered to capture their everyday, fleeting moments that inspire them.”
The EOS 200D II will be available in India, at a price of INR 52,995 with the EF-S18-55 IS STM Kit and INR 65,995 for the EF-S18-55 IS STM + EF-S55-250 IS STM double zoom kit.
The sales for EOS 200D II and EOS 200DII Kit starts from this week onwards.
Product Specifications for EOS 200D II
|Image sensor||Approx. 24.1 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor|
|Imaging processor||DIGIC 8|
|ISO speed||100 – 25600 (Expandable to 51200)|
|Continuous shooting speed||Viewfinder shooting: Max. approx. 5.0 shots/sec Live View shooting: Max. approx. 5.0 shots/sec (One-Shot) or 3.5 shots/sec (Servo AF)|
|AF in Live View||Dual Pixel CMOS AF system|
|Wi-Fi / Bluetooth||Available|
|LCD||Vari-angle 3.0 inch, approx. 1.04 million dots TFT, Touch Panel|
|Storage||SD / SDHC* / SDXC* Card *UHS-1 cards supported|
Key Features of EOS 200D II
Empowering Vivid Storytelling
- Belying its compact size and weight, the EOS 200D II’s full-fledged functions, deeper grip design for a secure hold and intuitive user interface makes it super easy to operate – even for beginners
- Powered by the latest DIGIC 8 processor and a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor, users can expect to capture sharp, vibrant images in optimum quality
- A wide ISO range of 100 to 25,600 (expandable to 51,200) allows for shooting in a variety of lighting conditions, while noise level is kept to a minimum in low light conditions
- Whether you’re shooting evening cityscapes or capturing a dish in a dimly lit restaurant; you’ll be able to achieve focus with the minimum AF luminance of EV-4, made possible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- Capturing scenes like the dramatic gradations of a sunrise or sunset or the rich hues of a grass field is easy with the EOS 200D II’s Auto Lighting Optimiser
- While a continuous shooting rate of up to 5 fps makes tracking fast-moving subjects like active pets at play or children crossing the finish line at sporting events very simple
- EOS 200D II is ideal for the filmmaker in you with high-quality movies in 4K. Even in dim environments, your footage remains sharp with the Movie Digital IS, while the menu’s 4K Time-Lapse movie function makes time-lapse movies a breeze
- The Creative Assist function helps new shooters navigate the different settings to achieve their desired effect. For instance, to adjust image brightness or blur the background, users can do so with just a touch of a button with the Creative Assist menu, storing their preferred settings for future use, if desired
- With EOS 200D II’s Vari-angle touch screen LCD monitor and the Smooth Skin function, users can also raise their self-portrait game
- Generally, beautiful portrait shots are easy with the Eye Detection AF, which focuses on the eye of the subject when shooting. The intelligent focus system can continue to track the subject’s eye even when there is movement, ensuring that you never lose focus of your subject
- Images can be automatically transferred from the EOS 200D II to a smart device upon shooting
- Uploading them to social media platforms or cloud storage is made all the more simple with the camera’s dedicated one-touch Wi-Fi button to facilitate connection
- Users can control camera settings such as shutter speed, self-timer, focus selection and more with the Canon Camera Connect app
- With the built-in Bluetooth low energy technology, the camera can stay connected for quick access such as image viewing on smart devices without the hassle of taking the camera out of your bag
About Canon Group
Ever since its foundation in 1937, Canon is guided by the “Kyosei” philosophy of living and working together for the common good. Canon strives to create and deliver world-class products, becoming a top global corporation by diversifying into new business fields throughout the world. Focusing on optical technologies, Canon produces office equipment, consumer and professional imaging devices, network cameras, healthcare and industrial equipment. Through the close connection between its global head office in Tokyo and regional headquarters in America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and regional headquarters in Japan, Canon combines its global and local operations organically. In 1996, Canon launched its Excellent Global Corporation Plan with the goal of serving the society with advanced technologies and becoming a trustworthy and responsible corporate citizen. The year 2016 was the first year of Phase 5 of the Plan. Currently, Canon boasts a strong global presence of 376 subsidiaries all over the world, supported by 197,776 employees. (Data as of December 31, 2017)
About Canon India
Canon India Pvt. Ltd., a 100% subsidiary of Canon Singapore Pvt. Ltd., is a world leader in imaging technologies. Set up in 1997, Canon markets over 200 comprehensive range of sophisticated contemporary digital imaging product and solutions in India. The company today has offices and warehouses in 14 cities across India and employs over 1000 people. Canon has over 500 primary channel partners, 14 National Retail Chain partners, and over 6000 secondary retail points. Canon India till date has opened over 250 retailer stores accredited as “Image Square” across 100+ cities in the country. Canon India’s service reach extends to over 578 towns covering 18,026 PIN codes across India – which comprises of 270 Camera collection points, 16 Camera repair centers, 231 Printer repair centers, 187 Copier, Scanner and Large Format Printer Sales & Service dealers. (Data as of April 18, 2019)
In sync with its corporate tagline- ‘Delighting You Always’, reinforced by World class technology, Canon offers an extended product portfolio, including copier MFDs, Managed Document Services, Fax-Machines, Printers, Document and Cheque Scanners, All-in-ones, Digital Cameras, DSLR’s, Cinematic Imaging Products, Camcorders, Cable ID Printers and Card printers catering to the multiple market segments of consumer, SME, B2B, Commercial, Government & PSUs. In 2017, the imaging leader recorded a double digit growth.