18thOctober, 2018, Mumbai–Aspri Spirits, leading importers and distributors ofwines and spirits in India took home Ten Awards at the second edition of the India Wine Awards 2018. The glorious ceremony held at The Leela in Mumbai saw prominent personalities from the industry.
All wines were tasted blind by the panel of 19 judges, including 4 International distinguished wine and food experts.Some of the panelists that graced the event were SubhashArora, President Indian Wine Academy, wine writer, international judge and wine promoter, Ruma Singh, Wine Writer and Sameer Malkani, Co-Chair Food and Wine Pairing Competition India Wine Awards, Founder–President, Food Bloggers Association of India, amongst few others.
The winners of the India Wine Awards 2018 were revealed in a sparkling black-tie event, whereAspri Spirits bagged 10 awards amongst the 353 other nominations in the following categories –
- Best Red Wine – New World – Framingham Pinot Noir 2017, New Zealand
- Best Mid-Range Wine – International – ZoninRipassoValpolicellaSuperiore DOC, Italy
- Best Premium Wine – International – Domaine Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Pauillac, France
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver – Barton &Guestier Reserve Merlot, France
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver – DonnafugataSedara IGT Sicilia Nero d’Avola, Italy
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver– CarpeneMalvolti Prosecco DOC Brut, Italy
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver – Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut CAVA, Spain
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver – Concha Y Toro Casillero del Diablo Reserva Chardonnay, Chile
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver – Pampas Del Sur ‘Select’ Shiraz Malbec, Argentina
- Wine tasting Award Medal, Silver – Nederburg The Wine Master’s Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
The award ceremony, presented by whisky wizard and media personality AnishTrivedi,saw 184 medals in Silver, Gold and Diamond awarded to domestic and international wines, including 30 Best in Class Trophies for outstanding wines.The radiant India Wine Awards 2018 night concluded on a high note, providing limelight to some of the best wine brands in India.
About Aspri Spirits
Aspri Spirits Pvt. Ltd. was established in 2004. The company today represents some of the finest brands in the world of Wines and Spirits and is one of the leading players in the imported alcoholic beverage segment. The company with its commitment to ensure highest quality standards focuses on the sales, marketing and distribution of its diverse portfolio and is dedicated to building premium international brands in travel retail and domestic markets across South Asia.