Bangalore, January 2, 2015: – The 28th International Conference on VLSI Design & the 14th International Conference on Embedded Systems , the world’s largest and longest running technical conference is scheduled to take place in Bangalore between January 3 – 7, 2015.
Based on the theme, “IoT – Building a Smart Connected World,” the conference willaddress thethe end to end enabling of technologies for IoT applications – sensors, microcontrollers, battery operated devices, wireless communications, servers, data farms for cloud computing, storage and security. This unique international platform is a confluence of all stake holders of the ecosystem – industry, academia, researchers, innovators, and regulators, coming together to present and discuss the advances in semiconductor & embedded systems to unleash the potential of IoT and set a direction along with a roadmap of IoT in India. This 5 day conference comprises of tutorials during the first two days, followed by 3 days of the conference.
The conference will also include the first 60-hour long IoT Ideathon, scheduled between January 3 – 5, 2015. It will be a unique onsite event held on the premises of PES University, Bangalore. The participants would be required to create a complete system in hardware and/or software on any pertinent application in IoT, smart devices and wearables.This Ideathon aims at combining creative ideas and engineering skills with support from industry to create and bring out new products and applications on cross industry platforms.
Dr. Satya Gupta, Co–General Chair said, “This platform creates opportunities for innovation & collaboration to accelerate the momentum on IoT that will catalyze the initiatives like Digital India and Make in India. It is exciting to see the commitment and convergence from all the relevant partners working on the enabling technologies for IoT like VLSI Design, Embedded Systems, Sensors etc. We look forward to exciting and path breaking results from this conference both from the industry veterans and from the young creative minds, many of whom have already taken the path of entrepreneurship.”
Key speakers scheduled to address the conference include:
- Nandan Nilekani, x-Chairman, UIDAI
- Janardhan Swamy, x-MP, BJP from Chitradurga, Founder of BJP IT Cell
- B.V.R. Mohan Reddy, Executive Chairman, Cyient & Vice Chairman, NASSCOM
- Sunit Rikhi, Vice President, Technology and Manufacturing. Group & General Manager, Intel Custom Foundry
- Dr. Walden. C. Rhines, CEO & Chairman, Mentor Graphics Corp.,
- Manish Kothari, Vice President, Engineering, Qualcomm
- Dr Khaled Benkrid, Worldwide University Programme Manager, ARM
- Ritu Srivastava, Vice President, Technology Development, Sandisk
- Arun Iyengar, Vice President, A&D, ISM and TM&E, Xilinx
- Dr. Baher Haroun, Senior Fellow,Texas Instruments
- Vijay Ullal, President and COO, Fairchild Semiconductor
- Murali Kota, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Global Foundries
“Innovation is at the heart of IoT revolution and to encourage this there is a large exhibition area dedicated to IoT & wearble start-ups and a unique IoT-Ideathon onsite event for creative engineering minds to convert their ideas to prototypes in 60 hours is also part of the conference. IoT-Ideathon event is inaugurated by Mr. Mohandas Pai and we expect over over 100 shortlisted participants from different categories comprising of students, Engineers & IoT enthusiasts,” concluded Dr. Gupta.
About the 28th International Conference on VLSI Design & 14th International Conference on Embedded Systems – www.vlsidesignconference.org