India Global Forum’s glittering awards ceremony with Guest of Honour, UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak, to mark the culmination of a high-power UK-India Week 2022
London/New Delhi, July 1: The UK-India Awards, organised annually by UK-headquartered India Global Forum (IGF) to celebrate all those companies, organisations and individuals working tirelessly to make the UK-India partnership a winning proposition across all sectors, will mark the culmination of UK-India Week 2022 on 1 July 2022 evening.
The Guest of Honour at this glittering VIP ceremony in Windsor will be the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, in honour of his own dedication towards strengthening this important bilateral relationship.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak said: “I’m delighted to be at the awards tonight to talk about the British-Indian story and how we might reimagine the UK-India relationship for the future.
“The relationship between our two countries is rooted in the enduring values of hard work, sacrifice, education, family, and service. My vision for the future of UK-India relations is a partnership of equals, where the brightest talent from both our countries travel back and forth to study and work, where we are close trading partners, and where we freely exchange world-class ideas and innovation.”
The Awards, now in their 4th year, are the result of deep deliberations by an eminent jury:
- Professor Soumitra Dutta, Dean, Said Business School, University of Oxford
- Lord Jitesh Gadhia, Parliamentarian, House of Lords
- Kate Hampton, CEO, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
- Harpreet Kaur, Winner of BBC Apprentice 2022, Owner, Oh So Yum
- Andy Street, Mayor, West Midlands
The UK-India Awards 2022 categories include:
- Legal Practice of the Year
- Financial Services Organisation of the Year
- Consultancy of the Year
- Technology Firm of the Year Award
- Investment of the Year Award
- New Market Entrant of the Year Award
- Business Promotion Organisation of the Year
- Social Impact Project of the Year
- Special Award for Contribution to UK-India Cultural ties
- Lifetime Contribution to UK-India Relations
*The Shortlist can be found here.
Professor Manoj Ladwa, IGF Founder & CEO, said: “IGF seeks to open up opportunities of a new global India to the world through engaging the very best minds in the most incisive conversations and debates. It’s about setting tomorrow’s agenda today!
“The last two years have been challenging. But with challenges come opportunities to reimagine our future partnerships and achieve that Quantum Leap that Prime Minister Modi has hailed as within our grasp. These awards are about celebrating that reimagining of the UK-India partnership.”
Over the course of a power-packed week, senior ministers, lawmakers, business leaders and influencers addressed the central theme of UK-India Week 2022, celebrating 75 years of UK-India relations with Reimagine@75. The week opened on June 27 with the Creative Industries and Cultural Economy Seminar at the Nehru Centre in London and has since covered the Climate Finance and Technology Summit as well as the strategic forum at Taj Hotel, London.
The UK-India Week is organised by IGF annually as a celebration of the myriad facets of this important bilateral relationship. The 2022 edition (27 June to 1 July) was packed with a high-powered agenda, covering trade and economic exchanges, climate action, healthcare, technology, innovation and much more.
*Follow the action @IGFupdates #UKIndiaWeek
Just some of the high-profile speakers over the course of the week include:
- Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer, UK Government
- Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, UK Government
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India
- Bhupender Yadav, Minister of Labour & Employment, Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India
- Dr Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Electronics and IT, Government of India
- Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State for External Affairs of India
- Alok Sharma, President, COP 26
*The full list of speakers is here.
About India Global Forum (IGF)
IGF – brought to you by London-headquartered India Inc. Group – is the agenda-setting forum for international business and global leaders. It offers a selection of platforms that international corporates and policymakers can leverage to interact with stakeholders in their sectors and geographies of strategic importance. Our platforms range from large global events to invite-only, intimate conversations and analysis, interviews and thought leadership through our media assets.